What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Help to ensure that projects are planned and completed in a timely, safely manner
- Maintaining daily diary to record site events and requirements
- Learn standards for inspections of all operations to ensure they are carried out in a safe manner
- Comply with the site-specific environmental action plan requirements
- Gain a thorough understanding of site boundaries, access points and site office procedures
- Build relationships with other business unit teams like sales and commercial
- Shadow site management team on CITB inspection visits
- Manage and co-ordinate the safe and tidy storage of material delivered to the site
- Shadow and report to the business unit production director on specific development targets and objectives
This apprenticeship is a new Standard Qualification titled "Construction Site Supervisor" at Level 4 which is equivalent to an HNC.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Typically, you would advance onto a 3-year program of training to gain a level 5 & 6 qualification in a Construction subject. Level 6 being a degree.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Logical, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent Maths, English and three other subjects (Grade All at C or 4 and above.) Essential Things to consider
This is a responsible and fast paced environment so applicants must be willing to learn and make decisions with guidance and have some confidence in their own abilities and not be afraid to ask questions. Team player and ability to work on your own are vital requirements.