What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Assist in the collection, processing, and analysis of survey data to improve the Council's understanding of the terrestrial and coastal processes
- Assist with management of the coastal asset inspections, database, procurement, and delivery of asset maintenance works
- Undertake inspections and produce condition reports and recommendations
- Working outdoors in all weathers and travelling to the coast and construction sites
- Use of engineering drawings, systems, calculations, and equipment
- Undertake health and safety risk assessments
- Training in and operation of Point Cloud and/or UAV technology to monitor and collect digital datasets
- Entry level requirement is 5 GCSE or equivalent including Maths and English A-C
- The qualification gained at the end will be Civil Engineer Senior Technician Apprenticeship - Level 4
- Underpinning qualification: HNC in Civil Engineering
Duration up to 36 months:
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Day release: One day per week at Southampton Solent University commencing around September 2023.
4 days per week will be spent at the Plaza Havant site or in the field
- Following successful completion of the apprenticeship there may be opportunity to gain further experience and progress through the career grade to a technician and senior technical grades
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Team working, Initiative, Physical fitness Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent 5 GCSEs including English & Maths (Grade 3,2,1) Essential