What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Assist in threat hunting processes across Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms
- Performing basic analysis of Indicators of Compromise or malicious activity relating to clients and keeping up to date with the latest adversary tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs)
- Produce high-quality written and verbal communications, recommendations, and findings to customer management
- Cyber security technologist (2021) Level 4 (Higher national certificate)
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry-experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we've purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship, learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Cyber Security Technologist, with training in how to:
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Discover potential vulnerabilities, threats and hazards in your systems, services and processes
- Develop security designs and configure, deploy and use appropriate cyber security technology to protect your business
- Identify, Analyse and develop security cases to defend against potential threats
- Write program code or scripts to meet a given design requirement that improves your cyber security
- Understand the latest attack techniques and recommend ways to defend against them
- The role offers a full-time role upon completion of the apprenticeship, depending on performance
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Passion for IT, Motivated, Self driven Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential Things to consider
Good all-round technical knowledge and a detailed understanding of networking protocols. Good all-round technical knowledge of information security concepts.