What will the apprentice be doing?
- Support in the development of FEED and construction programmes
- Assisting each of the project's Engineering, Construction and Project Controls (PC) teams in implementing and maintaining Bechtel's PC processes and the identification of potential improvements for the customer's consideration
- Supporting the development of these processes and quality improvements to improve efficiency in the delivery of the scope
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Support to the Bechtel Leads to manage the work in accordance with project procedures and coordinate with engineering, construction, contracts, permitting and other site-based resources on any constructability issues and with third parties to ensure that the project deliverables fully comply with the scope definition
- Perform work, generally within one discipline, which involves the interpretation or review of specifications, plans, investigations, surveys, structures, equipment planning, estimating, scheduling or cost control.
- Reviewing and checking data produced by other engineers or by suppliers
- Review of material quantity estimates
- Report on work progress against plan and review quality of work
- Assist in preparation of forecasts, quantity take-offs and change orders
- Contribute to Weekly Progress Reports
- Identify potential risks and issues, and provide effective technical solutions to mitigate these risks
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Training will involve four days a week on the project and one day at college
- The start date will be September 2023
- The course duration will be 3 years
- Successful completion of the course will lead to a BSc (Hons) Project Controls Professional Degree
- After the apprenticeship, there will be other training and professional development training opportunities that will offer chartered status of a professional body
- The opportunity to work on a variety of projects in the UK and overseas
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent Maths , English, Chemistry & Physics (Grade 6 or above) Essential
Other Driving license preferred for site work visits (Grade N/A) Desired Things to consider
This role will involve working on construction projects primarily in a site office. However, it will be necessary to be out on site occasionally to inspect and monitor progress of work.