What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Working on a CNC milling machine
- Producing mechanical sub-assemblies
- Liaising with the manufacturing design team
- Work in conjunction with other technical departments within TMB Patterns Ltd
- Learning different processes
- Attending college to gain Engineering Manufacturing Technician qualification over a 42-month period
- Work alongside experienced Manufacturing Engineers
- Ensuring all work is completed on time and up to a good standard
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Level 4 Engineering Manufacturing Technician Apprenticeship qualification
- Student will spend time learning in Bridgwater Campus for one day a week
- Progressing to full-time employment within the company for the right candidate
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science/STEM subject (Grade 4) Desired
BTEC or equivalent Engineering (Grade Pass) Desired