What will the apprentice be doing?
The primary responsibilities of the engineering team are:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- New Product Introduction (Developing manufacturing methods to repair components in accordance with approved repair designs and implementation of new technology to increase effectiveness and efficiency of repairs)
- Project Implementation (Supporting the development and implementation of new projects within the business)
- Laboratory Work - (Cutting, preparing and inspecting samples of components for conformity)
- Production Support- (Investigating and taking action on arising issues to support the shop floor team)
An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards the Engineering Manufacturing Technician Level 4, with support from your employer and the Chesterfield College Group.
As part of your apprenticeship, and dependent on your prior attainment, you may be required to complete maths and English Functional Skills which is an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition for these qualifications.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Level 4 HNC Diploma in Engineering
- Full time position with the company and opportunities for further development
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Team working, Initiative, Physical fitness Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 5/C+ or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5/C+ or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 5/C+ or above) Essential
BTEC or equivalent Engineering (Grade PASS/C) Essential Things to consider
Travel to Chesterfield for day release at the training centre