What will the apprentice be doing?
Please note that this is an apprenticeship position and therefore anyone with more than six months professional experience working as a data analyst or who holds a degree or Master's degree in a subject such as Data Science orBusiness Analyticswill not be eligible.
You will also need to commit to completing a Level 4 Data Analyst Apprenticeship.
What you're responsible for:
- Utilizing a variety of analytical techniques and tools, with a focus on Microsoft Excel
- Extracting, cleaning, and preparing data for subsequent analysis
- Learning and applying data visualization tools, especially Tableau and Tableau Prep
- Gaining proficiency in creating, adjusting, and maintaining client data dashboards
- Acquiring and applying statistical techniques for data analysis
Key skills you need:
- Robust analytical and mathematical capabilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, including formulas and pivot tables
- Knowledge of a programming language is a plus
- Familiarity with a data visualization tool is advantageous
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities and intellectual agility
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective team collaboration skills, accompanied by a proactive and positive attitude
- A quick learner who can easily grasp and apply new concepts
- Ability to thrive and remain organised in a fast-paced work environment
You're doing your job well if:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You are enhancing data analysis and visualization output capacity through active learning and support to the data and visualization analyst and data team
- You are closely collaborating with the Insight team
- You are contributing to the efficiency improvement of data visualization and data analysis projects
- You are demonstrating rapid learning and application of new skills
- You are consistently delivering accurate outputs
- You are meeting all set deadlines in a timely manner
As part of the Level 4 Data Analyst apprenticeship standard, you'll be registered as a member with the British Computer Society and be on a fast track to an industry recognised qualification and your dedicated industry coach will support you through a blended approach that will include remote, in person, 1-2-1 and group learning.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Ongoing employment and continuous career development.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent 7 GCSE's including Maths and English (Grade Grade A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) Essential
A Level or equivalent Maths, Science, Computer Science or similar (Grade A - C) Essential