INVISTA is part of Koch Industries, one of the largest privately-owned companies in the world. This brings with it a culture of transformation and innovation which is key to our continued success and goal of sustaining world-class levels of performance.
We are looking for two Multi-Skilled Engineering Apprentices with motivation and drive to join our team and start on the apprenticeship scheme with us in September 2023.
The Apprenticeship Programme:
The first 12 months of the programme will be spent attending Gloucestershire Engineering Training College (GET) on a full-time basis to achieve a broad-based engineering introduction, NVQ at Level 2 and Technical Certificate Year 1.
In the subsequent 3 years the apprentices will have on site training at the INVISTA Gloucester site working alongside INVISTA’s skilled Technicians and Engineers with one day per week spent at GET. The apprentice will work towards and achieve a NVQ level 3 in Mechatronics Maintenance and Technical Certificate (in Year 2).
There is also the potential for the apprentice to complete a Higher National Certificate in Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 5 GCSE’s grades A-C or 9-5 including Maths, English and Science.
- Be able to demonstrate a practical mind set and have shown past interest in the engineering field through schoolwork or outside interests.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- You will need to be self-motivated, committed and hardworking and be able to work under supervised conditions, as part of a team and also on your own initiative.
- A desire to enter the field of Electrical/Mechanical maintenance.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years old by 1st September 2023.
What We Can Offer You
Successful applicants will be supported in their learning and development by their supervisor and the operations/engineering teams. You will have opportunities for industrial training and access to global learning platforms to enable you to propel forward your career and professional development.
In addition, you will receive a competitive salary, private healthcare, 25 days holiday per annum, a contributory pension scheme, life assurance and access to an Employee Assistance Programme.