Exchange Quay, 5 Exchange Quay, Salford, Manchester, M5 3EF
Position Role Type:
Job Title: Finance Graduate Development Programme (GDP)
Role Type: Permanent
Start Date: August/September 2023 (there may be an opportunity to start earlier depending on role requirements)
Salary: £29,500 + £3,000 joining bonus + twice yearly pay reviews in the first 2 years while completing the Graduate Development Programme.
Location(s): UK Wide sites including Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester or Glenrothes. Remote & hybrid working also available
Travel: Graduates will be invited to UK events for GDP and there may be travel for the role as required by the business
Security Clearance Required: Successful candidates will be required to complete a SC security clearance application
At Raytheon we believe in nurturing talent and giving you the opportunity to grow.
Making an impact from day one with a role alongside finance professionals throughout the business, we see the value graduates can bring being a part of real projects that are key to our success.
Bringing new perspectives, an enthusiasm to learn and innovative ideas, to help shape our business and find the future leaders of tomorrow.
How We Support You
- Fully funded CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) professional qualification
- Rotations through the different Finance disciplines to ensure a broad depth of knowledge and practical work experience
- Training days and team building events focused on collaboration, communication and developing presentation skills, business acumen and strategic thinking
- Coaching to help you develop your personal brand and shape your career
- A strong Graduate presence in the Finance function with a regular forum for our Graduates, Apprentices and Trainees to share experiences, ideas, study tips and learn more about the business and industry.
How We Recognise Your Achievements
We expect a lot from our Graduates, but in return you will be part of a culture at Raytheon that rewards success including:
- Advancement opportunities – many past Graduates and Trainees are now in various managerial and leadership roles within Finance
- Six monthly pay reviews during the 2-year Graduate scheme based on individual performance, pay reviews based on exam performance and performance in role
- Talent development – several recent Graduates have gone on to be part of the global Raytheon Leadership Development Programme that involves a series of modules in the US
- Mentoring opportunities to help you leverage the experience of others to challenge yourself and think differently
What is the Graduate Development Programme (GDP)?
The Graduate Development Programme (GDP) is a structured training programme our class of graduates on the GDP complete over the course of 2 years in addition to their main role. We work in collaboration with an external supplier, HR and functional experts to deliver a range of training from improving business skills e.g. managing projects, business strategy, company presentation skills etc to team building activities, attending events and developing professional networking skills.
What our graduates say:
“Raytheon’s GDP gives you great exposure to all finance areas, allowing you to be involved in the end-to-end processes. Despite joining virtually, I have been encouraged to expand my network and interact with senior stakeholders from week 1 – I’m yet to come across someone who’s not willing to help! My team allowed me to take on responsibilities from day 1 and take ownership of tasks that I was able to expand on and improve in ways I saw fit over the course of the year. There’s a big drive throughout the business for everyone to develop personally and professionally, including gaining your CIMA qualification” – Laura, 2022 Graduate
“I was pleasantly surprised by the genuine interest and investment managers and business leaders take in developing you! There is a real learning culture at Raytheon, and this has helped me to build on and gain knowledge of a variety of finance principles and practices, that I know I will be invaluable throughout my career. My confidence in dealing with senior stakeholders has been boosted through exposure and ownership of tasks and relationships with key contacts both within the UK & US. As well as this, structured and balanced study support from both managers and colleagues is readily on hand, which allows me to make clear connections between CIMA study material and theory and the day to day work I perform”- Tom, 2018 Graduate
We’re looking for enthusiastic individuals who can join the dots and see the bigger picture. It is an exciting time at Raytheon UK as we embark on a journey of growth, and we want our people to grow with us.
- Minimum 2.2 undergraduate degree (Finance or Business Finance related degree discipline)
- 120 UCAS points or equivalent (pre university qualifications)
- A full CV submitted on-line on our careers website with degree grade predicted or achieved listed. Include degree studied, modules studied, work placements and work experience on the CV including dates and locations. Please ensure your application includes full name, address, email address and telephone number as successful candidates will be contacted to discuss their application and next steps. Candidates will also receive updates on their application by email.
- A cover letter which explains why you have applied specifically for this role and why you would like to join our Graduate Development Programme. Please highlight any relevant skills, experience, work experience, work placements and extra-curricular activities that are relevant to your application.
- Attach a scanned copy of most recent university transcript or degree certificate as applicable under “Attachments” on your on-line application.
- Successful candidates will be required to complete a SC security clearance application
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester and a presence across customer sites together with remote working practices. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs over 2,000 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber, Space & Training.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business.
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. It’s 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday (increasing to 27 days) + statutory public holidays.
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution).
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’.
- Flexible Benefits scheme.
- Discretionary Bonus scheme.
- Enhanced family friendly policies.
- 37hr standard working week, with an early finish on Fridays whilst operating a ‘Hybrid Working Model’*
- Canteen facilities are available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites. Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
* Our Hybrid Working Model supports flexible working arrangements on a formal or informal arrangement, considering both location and/or working hours, subject to business and customer needs. Please highlight any flexible requirements to our Recruitment team to explore the opportunities.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
At Raytheon UK, we’re committed to be building a workforce that represents the true diversity of Britain where all of our colleagues feel enabled to deliver the best work of their lives. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer who selects the very best candidates for the job. We truly value the diversity of our workforce work hard to create an inclusive environment where our colleagues can bring the unique skills, experiences and ideas to the table to help us grow our business, create innovative solutions and develop our people.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) act as the eyes and ears into the community they represent and support us in building a truly inclusive business. Our ERGs are open to all colleagues, regardless of background, and include Raytheon Women’s Network, RayPride, Young Employees Success Network, Raytheon Veterans Network, Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities and RayBAME.
We’re also delighted to have been recognised as a Gold Award Employer as part of the HM’s Armed Forces Covenant and the Human Rights Campaign’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index as a ‘best place to work for LGBTQ Equality’.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other characteristic.
If you need us to make any adjustments to support you during our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to help.