What will the apprentice be doing?
The job will involve the following duties and experience in these areas is required:
- Full accounts preparation and tax computations for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies
- Submission of accounts and tax returns to Companies House and HMRC
- VAT return experience
- Bookkeeping experience
- Payroll knowledge
- CIS knowledge
- Holding meetings with new and current clients
The candidate would ideally have experience of working within an accountancy practice and using accountancy software (e.g. Xero, VT, Sage etc)
The role will include working with, and supporting, junior team members to develop and achieve their goals. What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Accountancy Professional Level 7 is delivered via a virtual learning platform with 121 skills coach support
- Virtual classrooms delivered via MS Teams
- Portfolio of evidence and support through End Point Assessment
- Full-time opportunity available on completion of apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Patience Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent x5 GCSE or equivalent including Maths & English (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
Other AAT Level 4 (Grade Pass) Essential Things to consider
Benefits Company pension Free parking