What will the apprentice be doing?
We are looking for a motivated individual who is passionate about working with small businesses, who can help us continue growing our technology-focussed chartered accountancy practice in central Worthing.This opportunity would suit an individual with a varied general practice experience looking to take on new challenges or someone from a larger firm who is keen to diversify their experience.
This is a full-time role based in our Worthing office.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Cloud accounting support for clients using Xero & Dext
- Management accounts production
- VAT returns
- Assisting in the preparation of statutory accounts and corporation tax returns
- Assisting in the preparation of self-assessment tax returns for sole traders, investors, high-earning employees & landlords
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Level 7 ICAEW Chartered Accountant / ACA
- The ACA qualification opens many doors in both practice and industry
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Eagerness to learn, Multi tasking Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 5) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 6) Essential
Other AAT Level 4 (Grade Merit/distinction) Essential Things to consider
• Minimum 2 years' experience required, working in an accountancy practice or accounts dept within a trading business