Become an Apprentice in our store and you’ll have everything you need to truly realise your potential – from experience in a full-time role to an industry-recognised qualification and the support of a global brand, all whilst earning a real wage.
At Specsavers, we’re always looking to the future - which is where people like you come in. We are currently looking for individuals who are enthusiastic about providing great Customer Service and would like to pursue a career in retail or management. This Apprenticeship opportunity will give you the chance to spend 12 months building the skills and confidence that come with training in a paid full-time job, all the time surrounded by a friendly, highly-experienced team who will support you every step of the way.
Another way of learning:
Your on-the-job training will sit alongside structured learning that will lead to a nationally recognised qualification. At the end of your year as an apprentice, you’ll be a fully-fledged Level 2 Retail Assistant. .
Why choose an Apprenticeship?
- Gain valuable work experience in a full-time role
- Receive comprehensive and structured training, supported by a qualified assessor
- Deliver high-quality service in an innovative retail environment
- Become part of a team working towards a common goal
- Be entitled to paid holidays
And that’s just the start. With a highly respected and award-winning business behind you – one that invests in its people – there’s nothing to stop you getting on here. Who knows, you might even end up running your own store in years to come...
Who is this Apprenticeship for?
- Recent school/college leavers OR those looking for a new challenge
- Individuals who have lived in the EU for 3 years or more, with the right to work in the UK
We’re looking for people who are passionate about providing great Customer Service and wanting to pursue a career in this area. It’s important that you are a great listener and communicator – as that’s what excellent service is all about. You’ll need to be enthusiastic, motivated and a team player with a real determination to make a difference both in your development and the business.
This is a new adventure, but you will need the organisation, commitment, motivation and enthusiasm to deliver the great customer service our Specsavers visitors love.
What does the role involve?
- Giving customers top-notch advice
- Giving customers a warm welcome
- Dealing with orders
- Dealing with payments
- Delivering high quality products and service.
- Pre-screening, collections and dispensing.
Whilst you are employed as apprentice you will work towards achieving a nationally recognised apprenticeship - Level 2 Retail. This is delivered in workplace by Inspiro Learning, with regular visits from a regional trainer who will support and encourage you throughout the apprenticeship.