Hammerson House Residential Home are currently looking to hire a Kitchen Assistant to join our team at our state-of-the-art site.
Hammerson House has 116 bedrooms that are carefully designed within this beautiful home for the community to enjoy their older years.
The role comes with fantastic company benefits, a shuttle bus to and from the station each shift, with flexibility on days and shifts between 7am and 7pm, 7 days a week. We will also provide an apprenticeship if you are new to contract catering or looking to grow and develop in your role
Based in Finchley, you will be working at Hammerson House on a scheduled basis as a Kitchen Assistant, you will be responsible for ensuring the kitchen area is always clean, well-presented, and well-stocked.
In addition, you will support the chef(s) on-site, making sure the kitchen environment is to high standards with ad hoc duties in simple food prep from time to time. Finally, along with colleagues, you will ensure COSHH, food safety, and H&S are followed, with any incidents reported in line with documented procedures. You will also be ready to help with any ad-hoc duties to support the catering team and services.
The essential skills and experience we require for the position of Kitchen Assistant include:
- Pride in quality customer service
- Willingness to cooperate as part of a team
- Previous catering experience is desirable but not essential - Full training will be provided
Are you ready to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in? If so, we want to hear from you!
We thank our colleagues for a job well done, that’s why we offer a wide range of benefits, including;
- A salary of £11.00 per hour £21,450 per year
- 28 days holiday*, life assurance, a workplace pension & free lunches on site
- The option to buy additional holidays - supporting your way of life
- Free access to mental health first aiders & counselling sessions – supporting you through life’s ups and downs
- Free access to the 24/7 GP service, nutritional & health experts, financial & legal support - the wellbeing of our teams is key
- A vast amount of discounts & cashback for supermarkets & retail - reducing your shopping bills
- A cycle-to-work scheme – keeping your wellbeing and our carbon footprint in mind
- Discounts for cinemas, restaurants, hotels, holidays and family days out - we want our teams to enjoy life
- A great variety of opportunities & award-winning development programmes to support your career ambitions – big enough for growth, small enough to feel connected
- 2 days paid leave for charity work - the community is at the heart of everything we do
*Pro rata, incl. bank holidays
Welcoming you into our warm, friendly, and genuine team from your first day, we'll make you feel part of the family. With an inclusive, collaborative, and caring culture, you will share our shared purpose of delivering outstanding customer service.
At Elior, we're innovators and extremely proud of our work around diversity, sustainability, and social value. That's why with a firm belief in a diverse workplace, 95% of our colleagues feel we cultivate a culture where people of all backgrounds are welcome and valued.
If you want to give back to the community, this may be your role. Apply today.
Our People Promise
We promise to value you like we value our customers. We want you to feel appreciated, supported and fulfilled.
We aspire to do this by:
- Offering roles to support your way of life
- Employing people who care
- Trusting you to deliver
- Thanking you for a job well done
- Letting you know what you need to know
- Listening to you
- Providing opportunities for growth and progression
- Supporting you through life’s up and downs