What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Assist the Environmental & Sustainability Advisor/Manager in providing the material for induction and training, ensuring material inclusive and accessible to all
- Attend key Project meetings with project leadership and contractors to imbed sustainable behaviours throughout the project lifecycle
- Using research developed from personal and university learning to make meaningful contributions to methods of design and construction.
- Assist in reporting incidents in HSES portal
- Interrogate project wide ES performance based on Sustainability Portal and Dashboard reports
- Assist in producing Project statistics which can be presented back to project leadership and ES Adviser/manager to advise on continual development
- Assist in carrying out field / on-site inspections and subsequent reports, ensuring where required, follow-up of corrective actions
- Assist in developing a culture of embedded sustainability through innovation and lessons learned reports
- Support in the maintenance of relevant sustainability documents in cooperation with project leadership
- Support in the performance in sustainability focus inspections, including carbon audits, Considerate Constructor Scheme, and Quality audits
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Environmental Practitioner (Degree) Apprenticeship Standard
- Training will be day release at Kingston University
- Apprentices without level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the End-Point Assessment
- Professionally approved or accredited BSc or BA (Hons) Environmental Sciences degree
- You will be given a career path on joining that will take you through the different roles and experiences you should gain through the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5 or above) Essential
A Level or equivalent Any subject (Grade A-C) Essential