What will the apprentice be doing?
Perform duties as directed by and under the supervision of the UX/UI Designer, including - but not limited to:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Collaborate with the UX/UI Designer, Web Development team, Project Managers, Account Managers, and clients to understand project requirements and goals
- Assist in conducting user research, including user interviews, surveys and usability testing
- Help analyse user feedback and data to inform design decisions and improve the user experience of web applications and websites
- Contribute to the creation of wireframes, prototypes, and user interface designs for web projects
- Support the development of user personas, user flows, and information architecture
- Participate in design critiques and provide constructive feedback to improve design solutions, considering the technical aspects of web development
- Assist with documentation, including design specifications for web development
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies in web UX design
- Assist with presenting design decisions and rationale to stakeholders and clients, ensuring effective communication and alignment
- Assist in reporting on user research findings, bringing together insights and recommendations for design improvements
Developed with leading employers and industry groups, the Digital User Experience (UX) Degree Apprenticeship builds essential skills for delivering high quality online products andservices.
Demand for these skills is increasing across all sectors, particularly creative, tech, manufacturing andfinance.
This flexible qualification is ideal for apprentices working in a range of digital roles, including user interface designer, user researcher, interaction designer and productmanager.
All successful graduates are awarded a BSc (Hons) Digital User Experience (UX)degree from Manchester Metropolitan University, as well as aLevel6degreeapprenticeship.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This role is intended to grow into a UX Designer.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Experience with user research, Flexible attitude, Workload priorities, Experience with analysis tools Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent Various (5 Subjects including Maths and English) (Grade A*- C/9 - 4) Essential
A Level or equivalent Various (Grade BCC (104 UCAS Points)) Essential Things to consider
The role will be based in Manchester, in the Northern Quarter but on occasion, with 1 day a week working from home. There could be occasional travel to our other offices in Leeds or Rawtenstaw. 26 days holiday plus Bank Holidays Working hours 9-5 with 30 mins unpaid lunch break 4pm finish on a Friday Upon successful completion of probation period, Paycare is provided to level 1.