What will the apprentice be doing?
Perform Creative Digital Designer duties as directed by and under the supervision of Creative Directors and other senior members of the team, including - but not limited to:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Assist in the design and development of digital assets, including websites, emails, animation, mobile applications, social media graphics, and multimedia content
- Collaborate with the design team to brainstorm ideas, create concepts, and bring them to life using industry-standard design software and tools
- Work in-line with brand guidelines, ensuring consistency and adherence to established visual identities
- Collaborate with other departments, such as design, development and marketing to understand project requirements and deliver effective design solutions
- Develop a solid foundation in creative processes, understanding key perspectives, approaches, and schools of thought, and applying them effectively
- Master various digital design tools and methods, recognizing their strengths, weaknesses, and appropriate application
- Design user-centered and accessible digital experiences by implementing UX principles, and considering accessibility standards
- Create responsive and mobile-first designs that provide optimal user experiences across different devices and screen sizes
- Acquire skills in 3D data capture and processing, enabling the creation of immersive experiences and realistic 3D models for practical applications
- Explore and experiment with contemporary immersive technologies like AR, VR, and XR, understanding their potential in design
- Ensure proper archiving and version control
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude, demonstrating a strong work ethic and a willingness to learn and grow within the organisation
- Stay updated with industry trends, emerging technologies, and design best practices to continuously enhance design capabilities
Take initiative in problem-solving, seeking guidance and feedback when necessary to improve design outcomes
- Manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and deliver high-quality design outputs
- Seek opportunities to contribute creatively and provide innovative design solutions that push the boundaries of digital design
- Help maintain, preserve, and progress the STM GRP brand and our image both internally and externally
- Ensure all work is carried out on time and in accordance with the requirements of the brief
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Developed collaboratively with employers, this four-year programme has been created to meet the increasing demand for talent in this exciting field. It is suitable for existing employees, who might be progressing from a Level 3 qualification in graphic design, content production, advertising or marketing, or new recruits and college leavers who wish to develop as Creative Digital Design Professionals
- Upon successful completion of the programme, apprentices will achieve a BA (Hons) in Creative Digital Design, as well as a Creative Digital Design Professional Level 6 degree apprenticeship
- There are many opportunities for further development within the creative team, this role gives breadth and an opportunity to explore opportunities to specialise
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Attention to detail, Team working, Adobe Creative Suite, Creative ideas, Workload priorities, Flexible attitude Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent 5 or more (Incl. Maths and English) (Grade A*- C/9 - 4) Essential
A Level or equivalent Various (Grade BCC (104 UCAS Points)) Essential Things to consider
The role will be based in Manchester, in the Northern Quarter but on occasion, with 1 day a week working from home. There could be occasional travel to our other offices in Leeds or Rawtenstaw. 26 days holiday plus Bank Holidays Working hours 9-5 with 30 mins unpaid lunch break 4pm finish on a Friday Upon successful completion of probation period, Paycare is provided to level 1.