Job summaryJob overview
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a well organised, self-motivated and innovative professional to join the Employee Relations (ER) team as an ER Administrator. This is a fantastic development opportunity where you will study alongside work to gain a qualification in either HR.
As part of this role, you will complete a 15-month Level 3 HR apprenticeship. The apprenticeship will take place online and consist of weekly webinars to be completed alongside work duties with agreed study hours per week. You will learn several transferable skills and cover topics necessary to know for your job role and for completion of an end point assessment. Throughout the course, you will be supported to keep on track with work and will have staff available to answer any questions or queries you may have.
A typical day might see you reporting generalist ER information, data entry, answering ER/HR queries, managing multiple mailboxes and dealing with reference requests. You'll also be assisting with running ER reports from the tracker system, note taking for meetings and formal hearings and coordinating diaries.
Please note: This is a band 4 role, paid at 75% of the salary during the 15 Month apprenticeship. Main duties of the job
- To provide general administrative support to the Employee Relations (ER) team. This includes assisting with ER caseload, photocopying, scanning, data entry and minute-taking as required.
- Transcription of formal minutes where required, e.g., formal ER meetings and hearings.
- Facilitate the Trust's workplace mediation administration, ensuring an efficient and customer -focused service is provided and monitor and maintain the mediation mailbox.
- Support with managing the process for retiring employees.
- To provide any other general administrative duties as and when required by the Human Resources Department.
- The post holder will be required to communicate with internal and external stakeholders at all levels across the Trust through e-mail, telephone and face to face contact.
- The post holder will be required to use tact when dealing with sensitive information regarding e.g. mediation requests, sickness and compassionate leave requests.
- The post holder will be required to provide HR advice to staff and managers on terms and conditions of employment e.g. annual leave entitlements, starting salaries and long service awards in liaison with the Employee Relations Team.
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust (LNWUH) is one of the integrated NHS Trusts in the country. Our team of more than 8,000 clinical and support staff serve a diverse population of approximately one million people providing hospital services to the people of Brent, Harrow and beyond.
We are a university teaching NHS trust, in recognition of the important role we play in training clinicians of the future and bringing the benefits of research to the public.
To find out more about our Trust, why not view our video we are London North West University Healthcare
LNWUH is a flexible working friendly organisation; we want you to be able to work in a way that is best for us and for our patients, and for you. Please speak to us about how we might be able to accommodate a flexible working arrangement whether that's job share, part time or another flexible pattern. If it works for the service, we will do our best to make it work for you.Date posted
06 June 2023Pay scheme
£22,095 a year All Inclusive Contract
15 monthsWorking pattern
Full-time Reference number