About the apprenticeship
What we are looking for:
• General IT support to staff including solving problems and fixing PC related issues.
• Site visits when needed to rectify hardware problems (South Wales and Bristol area).
• Periodical telephone / remote support to retail premises, including outside of normal office hours and weekends.
• Configuring new pcs and hardware to specification.
• Installation of pcs and hardware in retail environment to specification.
• All other duties as directed by the IT Director.
• Knowledge of database design and management.
• Microsoft SQL Server.
• Microsoft Office VBA.
• Coding in general with enthusiasm to learn new languages.
Internal training provided on an on-going basis.
• Knowledge and experience of using IT systems, hardware and software.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10/11 and Office 365 applications.
• The ability to quickly learn new operating procedures and maintain established systems; Willingness to learn additional skills.
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage priorities and work to deadlines.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• A positive “can do” attitude.
• Analytical mindset with a positive, proactive approach to problem solving.
• Flexibility in taking on a broad range of IT responsibilities and tasks at short notice.
• Current driving licence.
GCSE (or equivalent) in English at Grade A*-C / Level 2
GCSE (or equivalent) in an IT subject: Desirable
Welsh Spoken Skills: No Welsh Written Skills: No
ITEC Digital Training Ltd
Training provider course:
Apprenticeship Level 3 - IT, Web, Software and Telecoms Professional
About the employer
Unit 19, Milland Road Industrial Estate
Neath Port Talbot
No, we are not part of the Disability Confident Scheme from the UK Department for Work and Pensions.
Please note that all apprenticeships are open to everyone. However, some organisations have worked to achieve Disability Confident accreditation. You should always apply for the apprenticeship you feel best suited to.
If successful, you will initially be invited to assessment at ITeC Digital Training (via Teams during COVID-19) to confirm eligibility - please have available proof of ID and any relevant certificates. You will be sent an application via ITeC Digital Training Smart Assessor Digital Platform