We are looking for enthusiastic and energetic candidates to work towards their Leisure Team Member Level 2 and be part of a friendly team to provide a fun, safe and quality experience for all of our customers.
The job will involve:
Primary Objectives for the Recreation Assistant will be:
- To ensure the safety of and enjoyment of everybody using the Leisure Centre.
- To partake in the management of all aspects of the daily activities of the Centre.
The Recreation Assistant will focus day to day on the following tasks:
- To guide, care for and assist all Leisure Centre customers.
- To facilitate a friendly but efficient working relationship with the people who use the Leisure Centre.
- To work as part of a team to achieve the objectives and usage targets of the Leisure Centre.
- To innovate ideas and initiate action to increase the usage of the Leisure Centre.
- To ensure all facilities are presented to the highest levels of cleanliness and comfort.
- Assist the Duty Manager in the effective control and security of the facility, patrolling all appropriate areas ensuring that equipment is stored safely and securely.
- To be aware of all Health and Safety issues within the Centre, to constantly implement and assess procedures drawing attention to any unsafe practices.
- To cover duties of such other members of staff as required.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required to assist in the running of the Leisure Centre.
- Portray a positive image of the Leisure Centre, wearing the uniform provided whilst on duty.
- Assisting with Swim teaching duties for both local schools and our very own swim school
As an apprentice with Kidlington Leisure Centre - Oxfordshire, you will be studying towards a 12-18 months qualification that will be the Level 2 Leisure Team Member Apprenticeship