Wetherspoon opens its doors early in the morning and sometimes doesn't close them until late at night, so offering great flexibility of working hours.
What's in it for you?
- We offer competitive hourly rates for all of our team members:
- a free meal and a drink, when working
- a 50% discount on food and soft drinks, when working; a 20% discount on all food, drinks and hotel accommodation (for you and up to three guests), when not working
- £1 extra per hour, for hours worked between midnight and 5.59am
- bonus scheme - earn up to 19% of your pay
- availability of guaranteed-hours contracts and variable-hours contracts -paid holiday
- free shares (after a qualifying period)
- loyalty reward scheme
At a glance, your role is to deliver excellent customer service to make hungry and thirsty customers happy!
- ensuring that all food is stored, prepared, cooked, served and presented in accordance
with company standards
- taking pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness, ensuring that the kitchen
is cleaned and maintained throughout the day in accordance with guidelines
- striving, at all times, to achieve the food-delivery-time targets
- being aware of, and being knowledgeable about, all promotions, events and new products
in the pub
- responding to any customer feedback in a positive and helpful manner, seeking support
With J D Wetherspoon, alongside your day-to-day work, you will be working towards your Welsh Apprenticeship Diploma in Food Production and Cooking Level 2 over the course of 15 months. This is a blended learning experience, delivered in your pub individually by an experienced Lifetime coach. There will be a mix of face-to-face and remote (telephone/video-call) visits, whichever mix suits you best. Your apprenticeship will be tailored to your individual development needs and will deliver life-long knowledge, skills, behaviours and confidence.
To find out more about careers with J D Wetherspoons please visit https://www.jdwetherspooncareers.com/