Working in an account’s role within a company in Birmingham. You will gain valuable experience within a busy accounts role, helping support on preparing accounts, invoices and tax returns. You will work towards an AAT level 4 with Babington.
28 Days Annual Leave + Birthday as an additional day off. Flexible Working Patterns. Full Studies funded by Onyx included AAT Level 4 & 7 guided study leave. Good Year on Year Salary Increases
- Monday - Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm or 9:00am to 5:00pm. Total hours per week: 37.5
What will the apprentice be doing?
At Onyx Accountants, we aim to produce Finance Information that Companies Understand and Utilise. You will report directly into the Client Advisors and will contribute to the business by:
- Accountable for the Accounts Production Process by managing the Accounts Assistants workloads and deadlines
- Delivering Efficiency through understanding clients business and finance processes
- Accountable for Practice compliance with regards respective accounting bodies
- Maintain excellence in Communication and Customer Services
- Aim to increase the Quantity and Quality of the Onyx Accountants Client Base.
- Support in the Production of Annual Ltd Co Accounts in IRIS and/or Digita for all Clients within 4 months of Year End
- Client Account Management and Relations including 24 Hour Comms Response (Client Charter)
- Undertake the Compliance Work and facilitate Client Advisory work within the Practice
- Ensure ALL statutory compliance deadlines are met for clients under management
- Manage ALL HMRC Client queries
- Supporting the client advisors to complete self-assessments
- Delivery and Development of all Tax deadlines and advice to clients
- Delivery of the Management Accounts and Outsourced Finance Services with support from Assistants
- Support Advisors with Business Improvement Projects in line with SMART objectives on a case by case basis
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Full on-the-job training and support will be provided to enable the successful applicant to undertake the full range of duties required of the role. All apprentices are required to complete and evidence 20% of the job learning whilst on their apprenticeship.
Our Assistant Accountant Level 3 standard programme consists of the following:
- Professional Accounting Technician Level 4 Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in Literacy and Numeracy Level 2
- End-Point Assessment (EPA) conducted by an external provider (Portfolio, project and panel interview)
- The End-Point Assessment (EPA) is designed to enable apprentices to demonstrate that they are fully conversant in the skills knowledge and behaviours expected of individuals at this level. It is designed to provide assessors with a holistic view of the apprentice, and to allow them to assess to what extent the apprentice meets or exceeds the apprenticeship standard.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibility of permanent position for suitable and right candidate.