We are recruiting an Apprentice Vehicle Damage Assessor (VDA) - Level 4
This VDA Apprenticeship offers a great opportunity to work in a modern Bodyshop-type environment, working with a broad range of vehicles, communicating with numerous stakeholders, and understanding all repair processes to develop an expertise in assessing.
A Vehicle Damage Assessor role is to methodically and accurately inspect and assess all elements of a motor vehicle that has sustained damage and requires repair and produce an accurate estimate to carry out the repair which is subsequently agreed by key stakeholders. A VDA interacts with customers, the Bodyshop manager, vehicle repair technicians, office/administrative staff and insurance companies. The assessor must be able to assess the vehicle but also liaise with the customer, insurance company and vehicle technicians to discuss the assessment, damage to the vehicle and how it will be repaired.
- Identify and record damage on a vehicle and determine (using prescribed information from Manufacturers) which parts of the vehicle should be repaired or replaced.
- A VDA will have an understanding of the manual process of assessing and costing repair of a vehicle, whilst also being able to use the relevant electronic estimating software.
- Produce accurate & detailed repair specifications to be used to carry out the required repair process. They will have commercial knowledge of their respective workplace and know how to apply this in order to determine a monetary cost and timescale for each repair job.
- A VDA will have excellent communication skills, be able to negotiate and have a methodical approach to work.
- From day one embraces the need to put complete customer satisfaction, as well as commercial awareness, at the centre of everything they do.
- Ensure all health and safety, environmental and recycling policies, plus all internal policies and procedures are adhered to, focusing on customer needs and building upon the professional reputation of the retail facility, reporting any concerns to the Bodyshop Manager or to the Health and Safety Officer.
- Undertake all other tasks and activities as requested by the Bodyshop Manager.
- Has effective communication throughout the repair process, both with clients and with other members of the team.
- Displays a good attitude, a positive approach to learning & development and a high level of ambition.