What will the apprentice be doing?
You will gain excellent problem-solving skills, technical expertise, and customer service abilities which will contribute to the overall success of the Intelligence Solutions business unit in Malvern.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Installation and configuration of SCi-Toolset software
- Assist in the maintenance of internal and end-user IT systems,
- Develop working relationships with internal and external customers and system users.
- Provide long reach technical support to end-users
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues related to hardware, software, applications, and network connectivity.
- Escalate complex issues to appropriate team members.
- Create and update documentation for technical procedures
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify recurring issues and propose solutions
Cyber Security Technologist Level 4 Apprenticeship Standard:
The successful candidate will undertake a Twenty Four Month, nationally recognised qualification through TDM. This is a work-based learning programme which will require commitment to block weeks in an online training room once every quarter working towards the qualification along with weekly off the job training and monthly coaching sessions.
You will be required to demonstrate through the standard that you meet all competencies and behaviours, which will lead to the achievement of the qualification.
You will have a designated mentor in the workplace to support your learning and at the end of programme will be assessed via an external assessment body.
This is a Level 4 qualification.
The Cyber Security Technologist standard has three distinct options. At the end of the apprenticeship you will be competent in either:
1) The Cyber Security Engineer is the most technology focused role in the occupation and will typically design, build and test secure networks or security products or systems with a particular focus on the security aspects of the design.
2) The Cyber Risk Analyst Focuses on risk assessment, analysis and giving advice on risk mitigations. The roles may support formal security governance, regulatory & compliance (GRC).
3) The Cyber Defender & Responder is more operationally focused, configuring and operating secure systems to prevent security breaches or monitoring systems to detect and respond to security breaches.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Opportunity to progress onto the Digital and Technology Solutions Professional Degree Apprenticeship on completion of the level 4.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Customer care skills, Communication skills, IT skills, Team working Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade 4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English Language (Grade 4) Essential Things to consider
Participate and provide after-hours support when necessary. Can you get to the vacancy location? Are you looking for a long term career in Tech?