About the apprenticeship
You will gain hands on experience while gaining a recognised qualification, as you develop and progress you will be responsible for providing hands-on Equipment Engineering support by maintaining the MOCVD reactors and associated systems in terms of corrective and preventative maintenance, accurately recording maintenance events - ensuring equipment performance.
Key duties/responsibilities throughout the apprenticeship and once qualified entail;
• Maximize Machine “Up - time “of all equipment necessary for production
• Return machine to “safe and capable” status
• Maintenance of various electrical, mechanical and pressure systems, carry out corrective maintenance and preventative maintenance as per documented procedures
• The day to day maintenance of MOVCD manufacturing systems
• Continual improvement of reliability and performance of systems and equipment
• To service and refurbish various machine component to the required standards
• To follow set work instructions when carrying out machine source material changes
• To pursue personal objective decided at appraisal and maintain a list of “to do jobs” that may be undertaken in any period of slack during shift, also ensuring all work carried out are documented on CMMS
• Adhering to all internal safety, HR, environmental and quality guidelines and procedures
Who We Are
IQE is the leading supplier of compound semiconductor wafer products and advanced material solutions to the global semiconductor industry. IQE is essential to technology growth markets, as the only compound semiconductor epitaxy foundry with a global footprint and proven ability to manufacture at scale.
IQE's vision is to be the best advanced semiconductor materials solutions company in the world. Being best means delivering outstanding quality, service, technology and value such that we become the first-choice supplier for all our customers.
IQE's strength lies in the expertise and diversity of our workforce. This is supported by our culture of integrity, accountability, excellence, valuing people and teamwork.
• Mechanical / Electrical / Electronic aptitude and experience
• Able to prioritise effectively, make decisions and take decisive actions quickly under pressure
• Excellent attitude to H&S
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strive for Excellence
• Flexibility and resilience
• Personal motivation
• Team Working
• Professional responsibility
5 GCSE's Grade C and above. Must include Maths, English and a Science.
Welsh Spoken Skills: No Welsh Written Skills: No
Training provider course:
About the employer
No, we are not part of the Disability Confident Scheme from the UK Department for Work and Pensions.
Please note that all apprenticeships are open to everyone. However, some organisations have worked to achieve Disability Confident accreditation. You should always apply for the apprenticeship you feel best suited to.
Two stage interview process, first stage is an aptitude test at the college. Second stage is an interview at IQE