As a Team leader apprentice, you'll lead by example making sure the team have everything they need so the shift runs like clockwork! You'll make sure the team maintain high standards and that our customers are kept happy.
Join us at Greene King pubs, where we have always been the beacon for communities, wherever people want to come together. Our collection of community pubs are the heart and soul of the local area around them, helmed by a local hero and crewed by a team always ready with your favourite tipple. Our pubs embody the true meaning of a local pub, acting as a central hub where locals can enjoy one of our events, a feast of lovingly cooked food or a quick catch up with friends over a drink.
We're all about rewarding our teams hard work, that's why...
You'll receive a competitive salary, pension contribution as well as:
- The chance to further your career across our well-known brands - As one of the industry's top apprenticeship providers, we can provide training and development at each level of your career.
- Discount of 33% for you and 15% for your loved ones on all of our brands - so you enjoy your favourite food and drink at a discount.
- Wage Stream - Access your wage before payday for when life happens.
- Retail discounts - Receive up to 30% off at Superdrug, exclusive discounts with three mobile along with many more...
- Discount of 50% for you and 25% for your loved ones at our Greene King Inns and hotels. - so you can enjoy a weekend away without breaking the bank
- Free employee assistance program - Mental Health, well-being, Financial, and Legal support because you matter!
As a Team leader apprentice, you will...
- Provide customers with a heartfelt and memorable experience each and every time they visit
- Deputise the management team and resolve any issues that arise in their absence
- Help organise and coordinate the team during a busy shift making sure everything runs like clockwork.
- Making sure the bar is always safe, legal, and clean, and any issues are dealt with as quickly and safely as possible.
What you'll bring...
- A great eye for detail, making sure every pint is poured to perfection
- A role model to the team on giving great service and making sure every customer receives a warm welcome
- An ability to think on your feet and adapt to whatever challenges arise during a busy shift
- A positive can-do attitude to and real team player
What your apprenticeship includes
- A mixture of face to face and skype/phone catch ups every 4 - 6 weeks to discuss feedback and progress
- A mixture of on and off the job training, including workshops and webinars
- Reviews every 12 weeks with your Line Manager and apprenticeship Trainer
- The chance to get Functional Skills in English and maths (if you don't already have GCSE)
- A Hospitality Team leader Apprenticeship Qualification once you have completed the 15 month programme