Toots Day Nursery, located in Tooting, South London - is are situated close to Tooting Broadway tube station and Tooting British railway station, additionally served by many bus routes. Toots is on a quiet residential street and set back from the road, ensuring safety for the little ones!
Toots offers both full and part time places for up to 44 children from the ages of 6 months to 5 years old. Toots is built with 3 distinct and spacious self contained areas, to allow young children to grow and progress throughout their early years of development. With two large outdoor areas for children to express themselves and enjoy interacting with others, as well as a baby garden so the little ones aren’t left out!
Toots offer a combination of safety surfacing, a paved playground and a lawn and gardening area, providing your children with unique and empowering down time, to enjoy in a secure and secluded environment away from busy city life.
If you have a keen interest in our childcare apprenticeship programme and have little to no experience, this is the application for you to apply. There are only few requirements we require to check your eligibility.
Essential Requirements – GCSE Maths and English C or 4, or an equivalent (Functional Skills level 2)
SWIFT childcare apprenticeship is an award winning apprenticeship provider established over 10 years ago now. At SWIFT we know that becoming a world class childcare practitioner doesn’t just happen over night, like everything, you need to learn your craft and develop practical skills to become an effective childcare professional.
That’s why we have developed our apprenticeship programmes to provide people with the opportunity to learn everything they need to now to build a successful career in childcare to make a difference to future generations.
Level 3 NVQ - Advanced Diploma Early Years Educator - The apprenticeship will last for 13 months. You will be supported by an assessor throughout your apprenticeship, as well as a mentor within the nursery. You will be working a minimum of 30 hours in the nursery.
Your classroom days will be based online as a remote session which you will need to be fully available for, and your main childcare apprenticeship work will be done in the nursery.
The main responsibilities of this job role will include:
- Providing an excellent range of activities that ensures that the child learns whilst having fun.
- Providing challenging, engaging and stimulating activities for all children
- Taking part in First Aid training as required
- Responsibility or equal opportunity in delivery, access and attitude in aspects of service delivery
- Working with teams across the nursery setting
- Supporting children’s learning and development.
- Preparing and maintaining the environment and resources for the children.
- Preparation and supervising of food for breakfast, snack and afternoon tea.
- Supporting children’s self-help needs.
- Being creative and enthusiastic.
- Following Safeguarding rules and regulations to also meet the Standard of the Childcare Apprenticeship.
Refer a friend – receive £100 for every successful friend who joins the childcare programme. To find out more, please call 020 3921 0493
If successful in the apprenticeship process, you may be eligible for 30% off on your Oyster Card.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Apprenticeship
Salary: From £8,236.80 per year