What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Manage and adminster all County Cup Competitions, including budgets
- Work with the competitions committee to continually improve competitions and ensure a high level of service is delivered
- Conduct County Cup draws before the middle of July each season
- Communicate with all leagues/clubs constantly to update them regarding cup competition progress
- Liaise with other CFAs in an attempt to align County Cup fixtures
- Provide clubs with excellent customer service regarding all cup enquiries
- Educate clubs on the process of match reports and Full Time responsibilities
- Work closely with the Competitions Committee to ensure the rules and guidance notes are up to date each year
- Deliver high quality events at each cup final aiming to increase attendances and improve the player/fan experience
- Coordinate the cup final program production with member of the committee
- Manage and update the content of the cup section on the website, to include elements of marketing and promotion on social media channels
- Check and challenge the competitions committee to help them improve year on year
- Provide a report to the competitions committee at each meeting to update them on any problems/achievments
- Issue and process payments for breaches of competition rules
- Support othe members of the committee when necessary (referee appointments, rescheduling fixtures etc)
- Work closely with the Operations Team to ensure affiliation is delivered and completed on time
- Take responsibility for the competition entries in each club affiliation form
- Support the Operations Team in dealing with discipline queries
- Provide services, advice and support Leagues, Referees and Clubs dealing with Discipline
- Support the Investigations Manager with discipline hearings
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- You will study towards a BSc Sports Business Management (Work-Based), aligning with the Chartered Manager Degree apprenticeship standard
- Upon successful completion of your apprenticeship you will also be awarded chartered manager status by the Chartered Management Institute
- On a day release basis, one day per week you will study at the University of Hertfordshire's Institute of Sport, on the de Havilland campus
- Opportunities to progress your career across the County FA Network and at The FA
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Physical fitness Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent Maths and English Language (Grade 4 or above) Essential
A Level or equivalent Any A Level or BTEC subjects considered (Grade 104 UCAS points) Essential Things to consider
Essential skills required: Experience in a secretarial/administration role Ability to work with internal/external partners to deliver a high quality customer service Ability to influence and negotiate with paid staff/volunteers Excellent communication skills Project Management skills (Plan, deliver, review) Attention to detail Significant experience in event management Significant experience of using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint Demonstration of equality in action Desirable skills: Knowledge/experience of grassroots football Experience using Full Time Secretarial / administration qualification As this role involves direct access to young persons under the age of eighteen, within the context of the job or any subsequently related activities or responsibilities, the successful candidate will undergo a thorough screening process, which will include a Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure, to ensure their suitability for the role. Any candidates invited to interview will be sent a CFA Personal Disclosure Form, Guidance Notes and Privacy Statement to return at their interview in a sealed envelope. The success apprentice will receive: Access to high-quality training, networking and personal development opportunities. Employee Assistance Programme offering support across a wide range of areas. Nike staff uniform provided and the opportunity to buy Nike products at a discount. Company laptop and mobile phone, access to tickets for events at Wembley Stadium, access to Bright HR discounts programme. Flexible and remote working as appropriate, starting with 20 days holiday (plus bank holidays). Complimentary access to the Local Gym and Leisure facilities in partnership with Stevenage Leisure Limited.