What will the apprentice be doing?
• Preparing purchase orders as required by the business
• Matching of purchase invoices to purchase orders and supplier agreements
• Coding of invoices and posting to NetSuite via FastFour
• Preparing weekly payment runs
• Posting purchase payments to the accounting system
• Reconciling the purchase ledger to supplier statements
• Setting up credit accounts with new suppliers
• Reconciling bank statements to NetSuite
• Preparing monthly bank balance schedules and ad hoc bank reports as required
• Assisting with reconciliations and posting journals to NetSuite for the monthly management accounts
• Assisting with preparation for the year-end and interim audits
• Ad hoc duties as requested by the Finance Manager and Group Financial Controller
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
As an Accounting Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the Accountancy Taxation Professional Apprenticeship at Level 7. Within the apprenticeship you will undertake the ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW professional qualification.
The apprenticeship will be completed at a BPP centre or via the Online Classroom platform, in addition to at the workplace.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
At Mereo we believe all employees should be able to grow as the company does. The finance team has a diverse and experienced team, who can all help train and motivate team members to be able to take on more responsibility and learn skills crucial to the modern accountant.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Initiative, Excel, Word, powerpoint
GCSE or equivalent 5 inc maths and English (Grade C or 4 and above) Essential
A Level or equivalent any (Grade C and above) Essential
Other Finance,Business,maths,economics,science (Grade 2:1 or above) Essential