What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Analyse and report on data and findings to assess performance for internal and management reviews
- Have exposure to international operations and travel accordingly where required
- Work closely with key stakeholders including EHS consultants, regional sustainability leads and operational teams
- Ensure overall compliance of a country/region within the Group Environmental and Energy Management Systems and relevant ISO standards (14001, 50001, 45001)
- Ensure 'documented information' and records are maintained through the environmental management systems
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- You'll study for BSc Honours Degree in Environmental Science over 5-years at the School of Engineering and the Environment at Kingston University
- Be on campus for a 2-day induction during fresher's week for that real university experience
- Undertake a blended learning approach with typically 1 day per week on campus at Kingston University
- A range of workshops, virtual, in-person learning as well as field work and site visits and written assignments
- As an EHS Consultant Degree Apprentice, you will be working within the Environmental, Energy, Health & Safety (EHS) Management Systems globally. This currently includes 34 individual countries, with plans to grow further in the next 5 years. This role will include training to become an environmental management systems auditor (physical and virtual) checking that sites conform to the requirements of EHS System manuals
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Analytical skills Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
A Level or equivalent Minimum of 2 (Grade A - C) Essential