What will the apprentice be doing?
BBD Boom is a HubSpot Elite Solutions Partner and as part of our continued expansion we are investing in our capability to support HubSpot customers with more advanced technical requirements. In particular, we are looking to scale our ability to do custom integrations.
The position is for an entry level team member to help create/maintain bespoke software solutions for our clients. Initially the role will be supporting the Development team in testing and bug analysis, with a view to train the right candidate to develop code for clients in a variety of coding languages. The 3 main languages will be C#, Node.js and HTML
Some Key Responsibilities:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Write, document and test code
- Participate in code reviews and ensure adherence to coding standards and best practices
- Develop and maintain documentation related to testing and quality assurance
- Continuously improve testing processes and methodologies to ensure efficient and effective testing
Software Developer Level 4 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Explore advanced modern programming techniques. Extend your knowledge of multiplatform development and concepts such as machine learning and AI
- Gain a practical understanding of databases, including design, queries, administration, and maintenance
- Explore the major development methodologies such as agile and waterfall to understand how to develop quality software as a team
Human Computer Interaction:
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Consider the fundamentals of sound computer interface design, including how to implement this using modern development tools
- Possible full-time position upon successful completion of the apprenticeship programme
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Attention to detail, Communication skills, IT skills, Logical Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade 4) Desired