Job summary**14 month Fixed Term Contract - Apprenticeship **
We welcome applications from individuals wishing to become an Apprentice and gain experience in the NHS. You will develop new skills and knowledge whilst working with an established team gaining valuable work experience and a recognised apprenticeship qualification.
You will be enrolled with a local education provider and will be required to complete your Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner qualification within the duration of the placement.
We are pleased to offer an exciting opportunity to join our team on Dilham Ward.
We have a progressive and friendly team committed to delivering high standards of care, and you will be working alongside our consultants, nurse practitioners and nursing colleagues.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated, enthusiastic, and keen to learn and develop.Main duties of the jobWe recommend an informal visit to see our unit and discuss the role please contact us on the telephone number below to arrange.
You will work with all members of the clinical team within the multidisciplinary framework.
The Ward Clerical Officer is an essential part of the team, helping to streamline the work of the unit, support and help all members of the team to provide a quality service.
You will also support the delivery of a high quality, safe and compassionate healthcare service, all staff are expected to act as a role model to others in all aspects of their work and consistently demonstrate NNUH's 'PRIDE' values of People focused, Respect, Dedication, Integrity and Excellence. Eligibility Criteria
All applicants must be:
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Aged 16+
- Resident in the UK/EEA for the last three consecutive years
- Must not have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level or above
- Must not be in any form of formal government-funded education upon the start of their apprenticeship
- Good general standard of education
- 4 GCSE's at Grade D/3 or above (or equivalent) subject to the job specification
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills
The NNUH are pleased to be able to offer a variety of challenging apprenticeships. Should you be selected for interview we may wish to discuss with you a range of alternative positions for you to consider.About us
Join us at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital and be part of a workforce of over 10,000 staff!
The NNUH is one of the largest NHS trusts in the UK, providing first-class acute care for around one million people, living in Norfolk and surrounding areas. We are a teaching and research hospital, at the forefront of innovation, home to state-of-the-art facilities, such as the Quadram Institute. We are pleased to work closely with the University of East Anglia, providing teaching opportunities for our staff and placement opportunities for their students. We attract some of the best and leading professionals from across the country and are proud that our workforce represents 94 countries from across the world.
We are a friendly, collaborative hospital, working with local services and home to N&N Hospitals Charity
We can offer you the full range of NHS benefits/discounts and in addition:
- Flexible working hours
- Fast Track Staff Physiotherapy Service
- Multi Faith prayer room
- Discounted gym memberships
- Excellent pension scheme and annual leave entitlement
- Wagestream - access up to 40% of your pay as you earn it
- Free Park & Ride service direct to NNUH site
- Free 24-hours confidential counselling support
- On-site Nursery
- On-site cafes offering staff discounts
- Support in career development
- Flexible staff bank
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars, Cycle to Work scheme and home electronics
07 June 2023Pay scheme
£10,296 a year per annum, pro rata Contract
14 monthsWorking pattern
Full-time, Flexible working Reference number
Norfolk and Norwich University Hopsital