What will the apprentice be doing?
- Testing our platforms, fault-finding and flagging this to the wider team
- Helping to work on fixes
- Proactively monitoring our forums to identify common complaints and suggestions for improvement and presenting these to the wider team, helping to work on their roll-out
We envision the responsibilities of this position growing at a pace set by the successful candidate - do you prefer to sit back and observe for a little while before getting involved? Or do you thrive when rolling your sleeves up and getting stuck straight in? Whatever works for you, works for us.What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Velocity apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, they will provide the skills necessary to succeed in the workplace and to expand future career prospects.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their programme.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Applications Support Lead qualification, with training in how to:
- Provide tactical advice, training and support on core technology applications (both hardware and software) to internal colleagues and external clients and customers to enhance and enable the delivery of application-based products and services
- Delivers the roll-out of upgrades to existing technologies, implement new technologies for use by colleagues and provide change management support to them
- Assist with the planning of IT application and infrastructure change projects, implementing, testing and rolling out software and hardware relating to these change projects
- Implement and support the creation of remote working environments
For a full list of programme modules visit: velocity-pt.co.ukWhat is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent 5 GCSE's including English & Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential