To gain the skills and knowledge required to be able to provide a high standard of physical and psychological care for the children within the nursery. This includes the children's daily care requirements and providing them with appropriate programmes of play and activities. The student will explore the holistic development of the child, from babyhood to 5 years of age, and understand their own role in supporting this. They will ensure that safeguarding the child's welfare is at the heart of all that they do.Main duties of the job
Ensure the wellbeing of the children at all times with particular attention to child protection and safeguarding concerns.
Learn how to observe and assess the children and report relevant information to your designated mentor.
To assist with washing, changing and feeding young children with the appropriate skill required to meet the standards expected in the Nursery.
Encourage the older children to wash, feed and dress themselves, developing their self-reliance and confidence and also assist in the toilet training of these children in co-operation with the parent and adhering to the Nursery's procedures.About usListen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! -https://bit.ly/3DNEQfD What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
Why work for us?
- As part of our BHT family, you'll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
- We offer flexible and agile workingopportunities,alongside your NHS benefits ofgenerous annual leave entitlement, pension andaccess toNHS discount schemes.
- We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
What do we stand for?
- We'recommitted to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
- As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued, and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
- Greater diversity withinourBHT familyimprovespositive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
- Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
- Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
- Our CARE values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.
07 June 2023Pay scheme
Agenda for changeBand
£22,383 a year per annum pro rata Contract
12 monthsWorking pattern
Full-time Reference number
Amersham / Wycombe Hospitals
Whielden Street / Queen Alexandra Rd
Amersham / High Wycombe