What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Assist in the production and maintenance of project artifacts including project plans, risk registers, issues logs, stage gates, lessons learnt reports and other project related documents using the templates and guidelines provided
- Ensure the RSPCA project management methods, standards and processes are maintained throughout the project lifecycle
- Keep all project and team folders in the shared area up to date. File any new documents received and thus assisting and maintaining effective and efficient filing structures and systems
- Ensure that all project and programme documentation is stored in the correct data repository mandated by the Project Portfolio Management Follow up on outstanding project actions in a timely fashion
- Work with Senior Programme Managers and their teams to embed the systems and processes required to run the programme in an efficient and coordinated manner
- Coordinate the production of project reporting on a regular basis to all project stakeholders
- Alert the Senior Programme Manager to key issues affecting the efficient running of their programme
- Support the impact assessment of change requests in relation to project/programme benefits
- Support the setting up of purchase orders as instructed by the Programme Managers and liaise with the Finance Team / Budget Holders to resolve any associated queries
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Your apprenticeship training will be delivered remotely and applied within your day to day role
- You will sit the examination for the Association for Project Management (APM) Project Management Qualification (PMQ), the industry benchmark for project management professionals. This qualification is equivalent to IPMA Level D and is recognised internationally and across industries
- You will also achieve the Level 4 Associate Project Manager Apprenticeship Standard
- We have a wide variety of exciting and varied career pathways across the RSPCA. Upon the successful completion of your apprenticeship training, we'd be keen to discuss your professional development and further opportunities available at the charity
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
A Level or equivalent Two Subjects (Grade Grade C or above) Essential Things to consider
As a Higher level apprenticeship role, we're looking for candidates with previous office and project management experience. The role will be hybrid, working from home and from either our London Hub (near Blackfriars/Southwark station) or South East Regional Hub - (Horsham. West Sussex) Trips to our hub will be for core collaboration.