About the apprenticeship
• To support the operation of the firms accounting system.
• To ensure that all banking is done daily as directed.
• To ensure that all cheques are written on correct amounts and Client Account is never allowed to overdraw.
• To enter postings to the accounts system on a daily basis.
• To ensure that new matters are recorded correctly.
• To assist in the entering of bills.
• To execute Telegraphic Transfers.
• To ensure that all authorised invoices are dealt with in a timely manner.
• To deal directly with clients when receiving payment by cash, cheque or debit/credit card.
• To ensure that all closed accounts are authorised and that nil balances are achieved before archiving.
• To support the operation of the departments credit control system.
• To manage the Petty Cash procedure.
• To manage own work allocation, productivity and quality of work with minimum supervision.
Long term goal is for the candidate to take over tasks from the Head of accounts
• Self-motivated and able to organise own work with minimum supervision.
• Copes effectively in demanding circumstances.
• Good time management, adopting a flexible approach to work.
• Demonstrates persistence and commitment to completing tasks and objectives.
• Mathematically minded and delivers work output to the required standard.
• Pays attention to detail and quality of work.
• Demonstrates a commitment to improving working practices and supports company plans and policies.
A good standard of GCSE's including maths, A'Levels not essential but advantageous
Welsh Spoken Skills: No Welsh Written Skills: No
Apprenticeship Learning Solutions Ltd
Training provider course:
AAT levels 2 - 4
About the employer
Yes, we are part of the Disability Confident Scheme from the UK Department for Work and Pensions.
Please note that all apprenticeships are open to everyone. However, some organisations have worked to achieve Disability Confident accreditation. You should always apply for the apprenticeship you feel best suited to.
a view to interview first week of July 2023, in person in the Cardiff office