About the apprenticeship
• Actively support the People Operations & Payroll Lead in the delivery of a highly efficient and professional HR service with the aim of achieving a right first-time resolution at every interaction with customers
• Provide a first point of contact for the HR team's internal and external customer enquiries
• Co-ordinate the new starter process including preparation of offer letters, pre-employment checks, welcome packs, ID cards and administration arrangements for inductions and probationary periods
• Administer the Promoting Attendance policy, including collating all absence records and documentation, liaising with HR Business Partners and employees in respect of the administration of ‘fit notes' and return to work statements, as required
• Supporting on and processing the core HR Systems (iTrent/Payroll/Occupational Health/Pension Portal/eBis) ensuring the provision and maintenance of these databases.
• Ensures administration and payroll processes are correctly documented and comply with internal audit recommendations e. compliance with referencing and vetting
• Interest in Human Resources
• Able to take action
Minium 3 GCSE or equivalent English / Welsh Maths and A.n. Other a to C
Welsh Spoken Skills: No Welsh Written Skills: No
Apprenticeship Learning Solutions Ltd
Training provider course:
Business and Administration Level 3
About the employer
Newport City Homes
Yes, we are part of the Disability Confident Scheme from the UK Department for Work and Pensions.
Please note that all apprenticeships are open to everyone. However, some organisations have worked to achieve Disability Confident accreditation. You should always apply for the apprenticeship you feel best suited to.
In person @ Nexus House (Head Office) / Can accommodate MS Teams / Zooms interviews