As a Chef apprentice, your passion for all things food and the desire to make the perfect dish every time is what sets you apart. With a keen eye for maintaining the highest standards and thriving during a fast past service, you'll soon become an invaluable member of the kitchen team.
Join us at Farmhouse Inns, where we're big on quality as we are with our portions, which is why our carveries slow-roast our meats for 14-hours, freshly prepare our veg, create fluffy, handmade Yorkies, ruffle-up our perfectly crispy roast potatoes, and bake and hand-decorate our giant cakes in our kitchen every day.
We're all about rewarding our teams hard work, that's why...
You'll receive a competitive salary, pension contribution as well as:
- The chance to further your career across our well-known brands - As one of the industry's top apprenticeship providers, we can provide training and development at each level of your career.
- Discount of 33% for you and 15% for your loved ones on all of our brands - so you enjoy your favourite food and drink at a discount.
- Wage Stream - Access your wage before payday for when life happens.
- Retail discounts - Receive up to 30% off at Superdrug, exclusive discounts with three mobile along with many more...
- Discount of 50% for you and 25% for your loved ones at our Greene King Inns and hotels. - so you can enjoy a weekend away without breaking the bank
- Free employee assistance program - Mental Health, well-being, Financial, and Legal support because you matter!
As a Chef apprentice, you will...
- Prepare, cook and present food which meets specs and customer expectations.
- Maintain hygiene levels and safety regulations in the kitchen to help to guarantee the safety of your entire team and visitors.
- Communicate clearly with your team in order to provide high-quality meals to customers on time.
- Keep up to date with new products, menus and promotions.
What your apprenticeship includes
- A mixture of face to face and skype/phone catch ups every 4 - 6 weeks to discuss feedback and progress
- A mixture of on and off the job training, including workshops and webinars
- Reviews every 12 weeks with your Line Manager and apprenticeship Trainer
- The chance to get Functional Skills in English and maths (if you don't already have GCSE)
- A Chef Apprenticeship Qualification once you have completed the 15 month programme
- Attend 4 masterclasses to further develop your Chef skills