Coach Core's vision is to drive social mobility through apprenticeships and sport, so that every young person can reach their true potential and inspire those around them. Since our launch in 2012, we have worked with over 150 of the biggest sports providers, youth clubs and charities in the country, supporting over 500 young people. As a result of our ongoing expansion, we are now looking to launch a brand-new programme in Surrey!
At YMCA you will be working towards your Level 3 Community Sports and Health Officer Apprenticeship qualification over the course of 15 Months.
Job purpose: To assist with the delivery & planning of the children's sports & recreation programme, which includes a variety of sports sessions, after school & holiday clubs for those aged 4-16 years.
The ideal candidate will have relevant life or work experience of young people under the age of 18 wanting to start their career in the sports and recreation.
- To assist in the development & planning of the sports & recreation programme, ensuring they are adapted where appropriate to be accessible to all children to the best of their abilities;
- To assist lead coaches in the delivery of gymnastics, trampolining & football sessions throughout the week;
- To help deliver our after school clubs & on our HAF funded holiday clubs;
- To work as part of a team of coaches, play workers and volunteers to ensure that the service provided is high quality and appropriate for the service users;
- To ensure that all of your working practices operate within the organisational health and safety and procedures in particular with regard to your direct work with children attending the YMCA activities and to ensure that safeguarding children policies are always adhered to;
- To supervise the play environment to ensure physical and emotional/personal safety for all children/young people attending. This includes keeping records of any accidents or injuries that may occur;
The Level 3 apprentice is part of the Children & Young People team. Line management on a daily basis will be provided by the Sports & Recreationa Manager You will have monthly one to ones and an annual appraisal. The Sports & Recreation Manager will help decide on your priorities and objectives. You will also liaise with the CEO and other Senior Managers needing support. You will also need to assist other staff, some of whom may be calling from our other buildings.