Competitive starting salary plus generous Veolia benefits
Location: Norwood, Sheffield
Shift: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
When you see the world as we do, you see the chance to help the world take better care of its resources, and help it become a better place for everyone.
Our apprenticeship scheme puts you at the forefront of Ecological Transformation, contributing towards our purpose of protecting the planet’s natural resources, while supporting the communities we work in.
We know that everyone here at Veolia can help us work alongside our communities, look after the environment in small and big ways, and contribute towards our inclusive culture.
What we can offer you;
- 25 days of annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Access to our company pension scheme
- Discounts on everything from groceries to well-known retailers
- One paid days leave every year to volunteer and support your community
- Access to a range of resources to support your physical, mental and financial health; so you can lean on us whenever you need to
- A permanent contract at the end of your apprenticeship
- Ongoing training and development opportunities allowing you to reach your full potential
During this programme, we'll help you to develop your practical and behavioural skills and support you in gaining the technical and professional knowledge required for you to succeed in your career.
As well as this, you’ll also gain qualifications in Level 4 NVQ in Data Analysis.
With many of our colleagues starting as apprentices you’ll receive full support and guidance from everyone throughout.
By the end of your apprenticeship, you’ll have received industry-standard training and attained qualifications that will enable you to progress and reach your full potential.
What you'll be doing;
- Managing data, specifically environmental data
- Producing tables, graphs and other administrative tasks
- Basic reporting
- Maintaining the systems used to manage environmental data in accordance with Company procedures
- Assist the Environmental Compliance Manager and technical operations colleagues in providing technical support to the landfill operations teams
What we're looking for;
- A minimum of 4 GCSE's Grade 4/C (or equivalent) achieved or predicted, including Maths & English
- A Level qualifications preferably in Science or Geography a minimum of Grade C or above/predicted
- Good eye for detail
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Someone who has an interest in science or geography with a passion for the environment
- Good Problem-solving and IT skills
Before we can consider your application further, you'll need to complete a couple of short, gamified assessments. If you're successful following this, we’ll then invite you to one of our virtual assessment days and a site visit.
Apply today, so we can make a difference for generations to come.
We're proud to be listed in The Sunday Times Best Places to Work 2023, being named as a Top 10 Very Big Organisation and Highly Commended as a workplace for 55+.
This accolade further demonstrates our commitment to our people and our actions in creating an environment where everyone can be their true selves and enjoy working at Veolia.
We want to ensure that you feel supported throughout the application process and provide reasonable adjustments where necessary and requested. If you require any reasonable adjustments as part of your application and interview process please do not hesitate to let us know.
Here at Veolia, we’re proud to be known as an equal opportunities employer. We know how important it is to be fully committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive place to work for every one of our colleagues. So no matter their age, gender, gender expression, disability, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexuality or veteran status, every applicant who meets the minimum requirements will be considered fully.