What will the apprentice be doing?
Working under the supervision of experienced staff, you will:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Thread up machines and clean and care for machines
- Sewing of all products (to include; covers for defence & commercial aircraft, marine, defence bags / holdalls, household textiles, cushions, bed linen, clothing repairs)
- Work with a variety of materials - foam, glue and textiles
- Cutting of materials
- Pattern making
- Reverse engineer a product and make modifications
- Create, read and understand CAD software
- Provide assistance in project design and development activities based on customer requirements
- Develop design documentation, technical specifications and other project related documentation as needed
- Attend project meetings to discuss any issues and new design ideas
- Analyse design issues and suggest corrective actions
- Oversee change order management and document filing activities
- Work with manager in developing project plan, budget and schedule
- Prepare design layouts and sketches according to company design standards
- Develop cost reduction initiatives while maintaining quality and productivity
The apprenticeship training is delivered through a combination of workplace learning and regular college attendance. This training will teach you the knowledge, skills and behaviours set out in the Creative Digital Design Professional (Integrated Degree) standard. On completion you will receive BA (Hons) or BSc (Hons) in Creative Digital Design BA qualification. Functional Skills in maths and English may also be required depending on current level.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential progression to team leader in the digital design department for the right candidate.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 9 - 4 / A* - C) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9 - 4 / A* - C) Desired
Other Relevant Subject (Grade L3 or equivalent) Essential Things to consider
You MUST be prepared to commit to your work and training for the duration of the apprenticeship. If a suitable candidate is found prior to the advertised closing date, it may close earlier so please apply early to avoid disappointment.