What will the apprentice be doing?
· Work with Parker Filtration Innovation Centre, cross-Division R&D Engineering Teams and Customers to develop filtration, separation solutions, Balance of Plant (Bop) technologies for Hydrogen ICE and Hydrogen Fuel Cell applications.
· Develop detailed product specifications by analysing performance and customer requirements. Investigate design factors such as function, materials, performance, interchangeability, cost, operational efficiency, and contractual requirements.
· Perform feasibility and trade studies applying standard analytical methods; recommends solutions which are defined and reviewed for implementation.
· Interpret and validate test results for accuracy and precision. Ensure conformance to product qualification procedures and parameters to achieve customer and product reliability and safety standards. May utilize and interpret predictive models to simulate and verify design concepts.
· Provide technical information for review with product engineering teams using established engineering practices, standards, and documentation methods (e.g., structured design process; customer design reviews). Writes supporting documentation for procedures and technical reports; may assist in writing technical proposals for customers.
· Contribute to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects (e.g., create functional diagrams and system layouts; review detailed drawings and schematics; define data structure, interfaces, and programming logic; analyse material requirements; research customer data item requirements).
· Review product specifications to ensure clarity, completeness, form, fit, function, and conformity to standards and procedures. Identify design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommends revisions, engineering change orders, and improvements to engineering management or the project team.
· Maintain current level of professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications, and/or participating in professional associations.
· Analyse market trends and customer requirements and developments to classify the attractiveness and feasibility of various alternative fuel technologies and markets
· Closely collaborate with Product Managers to clearly understand the customer requirements and remain aligned with expectations.
· Maintain consistent engineering practices, standards, and documentation procedures and reporting systems for alternative technology projects and developments (e.g., implement Winovation; structured product development processes and gate reviews; engineering change flow down; knowledge databases)
· Take appropriate steps to protect and safeguard Parker intellectual property
· Work alongside the operational team to support the foundation of the business including Kaizen events, safety opportunities, productivity improvements, cost savings, quality improvements and engagement strategiesWhat training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- You will attend Sheffield Hallam University on day release
- The degree award is BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering
- Experience first class professional and engineering projects
- Gain recognised qualifications in the field of work you choose
- Develop a broad range of transferable skills, across various disciplines
- Excellent 'hands on' learning opportunities
- Degree qualification without the tuition fees
- An excellent opportunity to develop your future career path
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Team working Qualifications
A Level or equivalent Maths, Science or Engineering (Grade BBC / Distinction Merit Merit) Essential Things to consider
SHU Progress provides support for applicants whose personal circumstances might mean that there are barriers to going to university. For more information on the scheme, including how to join, please visit the website: www.shu.ac.uk/SHUprogress