What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Ensure that customer orders are delivered per quality guidelines
- Ensure that all apprenticeship activities are completed in the required timescale
- Drive proactive actions as communicated by the manager to remove barriers impacting good shift performance
- Engage with support functions to address common issues or needs in key areas of performance e.g. process area readiness, 5S, safety, training
- Develop subject matter expertise on all operations processes in assigned department
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Qualification received on completion - BSc (Hons) Business Management
- Apprentice training will take place both virtually on-site and in person at Manchester Metropolitan University on a block week basis
- Apprentices will be released to attend block weeks in Manchester 3 times per academic year
Successful apprentices will go on to take up shift manager roles and progress quickly into more senior management within delivery stations.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working Qualifications
A Level or equivalent Any (Grade C+) Essential
A Level or equivalent Any (Grade C+) Essential Things to consider
The apprenticeship will involve working across different shifts over the course of 3 years to give apprentices a solid understanding of the business. Flexibility with working routines is desirable.