What will the apprentice be doing?
This apprenticeship will provide you with hands-on experience, allowing you to develop your coaching skills and gain valuable insight into the education sector. The level 4 sports coach will use extensive technical and tactical sports knowledge and skills to design and deliver coaching programmes. These programmes engage, motivate and evolve participants skills and performance. This course is suitable for sports coaches delivering in primary school setting delivering PPA.
One of our promises to everyone that joins the team is "we guarantee we'll support you to become better! "It's a mantra we live by and have helped countless people progress within and outside of the company.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Assist in planning and delivering engaging sports coaching sessions for primary school students
- Provide guidance and support to children during physical activities, ensuring their safety and well-being
- Promote teamwork, sportsmanship and fair play among students
- Monitor and evaluate student progress, providing constructive feedback
- Help organise and supervise sports events, competitions and extracurricular activities
- Collaborate with teachers, parents and school staff to ensure effective communication and coordination
Our bespoke training programmes are delivered within the workplace by experienced tutors through a blend of online learning and face to face assessment visits.
Your training and lessons will take place at the workplace and on school sites so you receive real life experience. Your lessons will take place once a week and specified by your tutor.
Level 4 (Higher national certificate)What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Career progression into full-time employment and onto our career ladder where a clear progression is shown with your manager.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
IT skills, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Administrative skills, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent Sports and science (Grade 4) Desired
A Level or equivalent Sports and science (Grade Merit) Desired Things to consider
The applicant must be willing to travel from locations throughout the week. DBS checks will be taken to ensure the safety of the children we work with and yourself.