Hydro International is seeking an apprentice Laboratory Technician to join our Product Development team. The role, based in Clevedon, is part of an international team that identifies customer needs and designs, tests and encapsulates new products and services for the water and environmental sector. The successful applicant will be expected to make an identifiable contribution to the betterment of environmental water. Consequently, we are seeking a self-starter who is comfortable in taking the initiative.
The successful applicant for this new position will be a key resource on development projects with an emphasis on flood alleviation and waste / stormwater treatment products, working as part of cross-functional teams drawn from various disciplines within the business.
Some of your duties will include:
- Undertaking laboratory scale model development construction and testing
- Prototype and field testing
- Undertaking laboratory analysis of samples obtained from laboratory or field testing
- Maintenance, calibration and repair of test rigs, instrumentation and measuring equipment
- Maintaining detailed documentation of all phases of activity; providing update reports and analysing, interpreting and disseminating outputs from Product Development activities
- Work cross-functionally with other colleagues and teams to develop products, provision of technical support to the group and operating businesses as required
- Maintain awareness of emerging technologies, materials, methods and processes of relevance to the company’s products and associated technologies
Through the training provider, CSR Scientific Training, you will undertake a Level 3 Laboratory Technician Apprenticeship which will include:
- Fully recognised apprenticeship qualification - Level 3 Laboratory Technician
- On-the-job competency training
- Theoretical knowledge - BTEC Level 3 Applied Science
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, there may be a permanent position available. There may also be the opportunity to progress onto a higher level apprenticeship.