What is CVC Credit?
Established in 2005, CVC Credit manages €36bn of assets, primarily loans to businesses across Europe and North America. In simple terms, CVC Credit helps businesses grow and develop by lending them capital to expand their footprint and improve their operations. In order to select the businesses we lend to, we need to understand and get comfortable with their strategy, their financials, the potential of their products or services, and the market where they operate. After lending to them, we also need to monitor their financial performance and connect with the management team regularly.
This programme will give you the opportunity to spend time with our two Credit Investment teams, as well as completing rotations within our back office teams.
Why should you join CVC Credit?
- Strong brand and reputation: CVC Credit is a well-established and respected brand in the credit industry, which can be a source of pride and professional development. Furthermore, CVC Credit is backed by the broader CVC Group, a world-class asset manager with €137bn of assets under management.
- Opportunities for growth and learning: CVC Credit offers all employees opportunities for professional growth and learning through on-the-job training, mentorship programmes, and other development initiatives. This means you will have unparalleled opportunities to reach your full potential and excel both professionally and personally in your time with the firm.
- High-performance & ambition: CVC Credit has a culture that rewards high performance, and the company is committed to attracting and retaining top talent in the industry.
- Great culture & respectful workplace: The culture at CVC ensures that all new employees feel included and have a positive experience. We collaborate across teams, communicate transparently and work efficiently. We ask our employees to be thoughtful and well-informed, stay accountable and embrace each challenge.
- Social events & collaboration: CVC is a social firm – whether it’s playing 5 a side football, watching the movie Elf at Christmas, volunteering at a food kitchen, reading books for children, or socializing with colleagues, there is something for everyone to have fun and give back to society.
- Diverse and inclusive workplace: CVC is an equal opportunities employer and we foster the diversity of our people. Our employees are the best of the best at using their initiative, good judgement and creativity to drive superior performance for CVC and our portfolio companies.
Who are we looking for?
Our job is all about asking the right questions. This means we are looking for students who are curious, proactive, and eager to learn. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who would ideally like to pursue a career in Financial Services long-term. Although we do not expect any of our new hires to require prior knowledge of our world, we always encourage you to do some research of the industry and CVC before we meet you for interviews.
Additionally, being part of the CVC Financial Services Apprenticeship means you will be studying and working, therefore you need to be hardworking and good at managing your time. There is a wealth of experience within the team, and many will be eager to share their own tips and tricks throughout your journey.
What can you expect on the programme
CVC’s Apprenticeship Programme offers an alternative to the traditional university route and provides you the unique opportunity to begin a career in financial services straight from school. It is not just a job, but a career, and during the 18 month apprenticeship you will be working in an exciting and fast-paced environment whilst receiving training and support to learn and develop your technical expertise, as well as being paid a full-time salary.
During the programme you will rotate between different teams within the Business Operations divisions (Finance, Compliance, Funds Administration, Operations) and also the Private Credit, Portfolio Monitoring and Performing Credit team to get a better understanding of the industry.
Support: You will work alongside a team of highly qualified and supportive Investment Professionals and you will have the support of your line manager, team, mentor and HR. As well as this, our training provider will also provide a skills coach for you. Don’t worry, you will never be left on your own and you will always have access to someone to help and support you!
Training & Qualifications: Your training programme, provided via Fitch Learning, will be a mixture of workshops (in-person and online) and professional on-the-job learning. Upon completion of the apprenticeship, you will obtain the “Level 3 Investment Operations Technician Qualification” and will receive a “Investment Operations Certificate” following your CISI.
Applying for the role & more details about the programme
- You must have completed, or be on track to complete by Summer 2023, 3x A levels or equivalent (average grades ranging from A – C).
- You must have strong numerical skills and enjoy number-based subject such as Mathematics, Economics or Accounting.
- You must have a pass in GCSE English and Maths.
- You must have been a UK resident for at least 3 years prior to applying for the programme.
- Step 1: Fill out the application form below (this should take around 15 minutes and can be completed right up until June 25th 2023).
- Step 2: Complete the application task (which will be emailed to you after your application is received) and email your completed task to firstname.lastname@example.org by 2nd July 2023 at 23.59pm.
- Step 3: Video Interviews (these will be 45 minutes long and take place after exams in the Summer) & online testing (this stage is to review your numerical ability, and will take place following your video interview).
- Step 4: Assessment Day & Offers (the Assessment Day will be in-person in London and will take place in July, the exact date to be confirmed in due course).