What will the apprentice be doing?
- Enjoying lots of variety, you'll support our teams and develop your skills in different areas of finance
- You'll learn how to prepare balance sheet reconciliations, generate accruals, prepayments and adjustments
- You'll also assist with financial reporting and help to improve our processes and procedures
- It all adds up to a great way to launch your career in finance with a team that is uncompromising and committed to providing an engaging, honest and inspiring working environment. Our apprenticeship programme aims to lead to a recognised accounting qualification (CIMA or ACCA) whilst earning a competitive salary over the course of 3 years
- The role will entail 1 year placements in different areas of the finance team to really broaden your skill set and understanding of finance
This can include placements in;
- cash control
- loss prevention
- accounts payable
- tax and VAT
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- With the third year progressing into an accounts assistant or junior management accountant role. You will also be expected to complete project work to enhance your personal learning whilst benefiting the way the finance team operates
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The apprenticeship will be run in conjunction with a recognised financial training provider who will support both your technical and personal development needs. This will entail working towards a professional chartered accounting qualification (ACCA or CIMA) over the course of the 3 years
- You will also achieve the Level 7 Accountancy or Taxation Professional Apprenticeship
- Training is delivered by day release at our Kaplans training centres or online
- Once the 3-year program is complete we hope the successful candidate will have the opportunity to progress into a more senior and permanent role within our finance team
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Intermediate Excel Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C or above) Desired
Other Degree (Grade 2:2 or above) Essential Things to consider
Strong task and time management and self-discipline, with the ability to work methodically, accurately, and within tight deadlines, whilst dealing with interruptions effectively. Good verbal/interpersonal skills: friendly, approachable, inquisitive; able to interact confidently with people across all levels of the business.