We have an exciting opportunity for a Pre-Reg Pharmacy Technician to join our team at SHSC Pharmacy. You will contribute to an efficient and accurate pharmacy service to ensure the safe and effective use of medicine through out the trust whilst working towards a formal professional qualification of registered Pharmacy Technician with the General Pharmaceutical council.
The training will be provided by one of the largest education and training providers in the region, Bradford College. There will be an expectation to go to Bradford for an induction which will take place over the first 2 weeks. Term will start in September and all lessons will be live online with a tutor present. Learners must attend on the same day each week for the duration of the program. The PTPT course covers knowledge, skills and work base experience under the guidance of a qualified pharmacist. The skills part of the qualification will be completed in the workplace which will be captured using an E-Portfolio of Evidence.
The entry criteria is:
The successful candidate will be paid under NHS AfC Annex 21 - 70% of the Band 4 rate in year 1 and 75% of the Band 4 rate in year 2.Main duties of the job
- 4 GCSE's at A-C (9-4) Three of which must be in maths, English language and 1 science and 1 other subject.
- Over 16 years of age on application
- Lived in the UK, EU or EEA for the previous 3 years
- Not currently on a significant training
- Safe and effective dispensing of prescriptions including inpatient, outpatients and discharge medication.
- Receiving and unpacking drugs received into the department.
- To support with administration functions of the department.
- Source new suppliers as part of CMU.
- Maintain stock control and management.
- Undertake ward top ups safely and effectively to designated units across the trust.
- Advise service users and staff where necessary.
- Undergo training for personal development and Mandatory Training relevant to the trust and partake in supervisions.
Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust is a major employer and provider of services. Our Service Users, Carers and Staff are central, and our Values are important, to the delivery of high-quality care. We actively seek out individuals who share these values:
- Working together for service users
- Respect and kindness
- Everyone counts
- Commitment to quality
- Improving lives
26 May 2023Pay scheme
Agenda for changeBand
£17,602.90 to £18,860.25 a year per annum Contract
24 monthsWorking pattern
Full-time Reference number
75 Osborne Rd