About the apprenticeship
The aim of the post will be to increase the participation of children and young people in consistent sporting activity, through the medium of Welsh.
Main duties and responsibilities:
1. The apprentice will need to lead weekly sessions and clubs outside learning hours
2. Create session plans to align with club / activity targets
3. It will be necessary to work with department staff and schools to encourage children and young people to take up opportunities in its area
4. In some areas it will be necessary to work with existing local clubs to encourage children and young people to attend weekly sessions
5. Collaboration with volunteers and coaches will be required within clubs and events
6. Club and event marketing plans will need to be supported
7. There will be a need to contribute to the success of regional and national sporting activities led by the events department
As part of the apprenticeship, training will be offered to the successful candidate. The successful candidate will be expected to undertake all training offered. The successful candidate will undertake a Level 2 Activity Leadership Apprenticeship Framework.
The framework includes the following qualifications:
• NVQ Level 2 in Activity Leadership (QCF)
• Level 2 Certificate of Training Principles
• Level 2 Certificate of Employment Rights and Responsibilities
• Level 1 Essential Skills
In addition, the additional training is provided below:
• Safeguarding Children Course
• First Aid Course
• Health and Safety
• Drug Awareness In Sport
• Reflective Practice
• Various other workshops including mental health
• Specific Sports Qualifications
A large percentage of training takes place in the workplace and within workshops and organised during working hours. However, apprentices are expected to complete pieces of coursework outside working hours on a regular basis. All apprentices will have access to a work laptop in order to do so.
In addition to the above training, in-house training is given on the department's various activities including organising and leading regional and national activities, holiday schemes and competitions.
vii. A qualification in sport and leisure will be an advantage
viii. Experience of working with children and young people would be an advantage
ix. Experience of training will benefit
x. An understanding of the aim and objectives of Urdd Gobaith Cymru
i. This job will require a driving licence and car, or the ability to travel fully flexibly and independently
ii. It will be necessary to be able to speak and write Welsh in order to carry out this post
iii. A number of relevant training courses will need to be taken for on-the-job development
iv. The applicant must be aged 18 or over
Welsh Spoken Skills: Yes Welsh Written Skills: Yes
Associated Community Training Ltd
Training provider course:
About the employer
Swyddfa'r Urdd, Unit 14, Cardiff Business Park
Lambourne Crescent, Llanishen
Yes, we are part of the Disability Confident Scheme from the UK Department for Work and Pensions.
Please note that all apprenticeships are open to everyone. However, some organisations have worked to achieve Disability Confident accreditation. You should always apply for the apprenticeship you feel best suited to.