About the apprenticeship
• To contribute to a programme of activities that meet the individual needs & interests of children in your area in conjunction with other team members
• To keep records of the children's development & learning journeys & share this with parents, carers, & other key adults in the child's life
• To follow the nursery safeguarding procedure to ensure all children are kept safe, well & secure
• Engage in good team working
• Liaise with & support parents & other family members
• To attend out of working hours activities, e.g., training, monthly staff meetings, parents evening, fundraising events etc if required though these will be in working hours wherever possible
• To be flexible within working practices of the nursery. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the nursery, e.g., preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment etc.
• Work alongside the Manager & staff team to ensure that the nursery's philosophy is fulfilled
• Read, understand, & adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role as deemed appropriate by the Manager
• Recording accidents in the accident book. Ensure the Duty Manager has initialled the report before the parent receives it
• Look upon the nursery as a "whole" -be constantly aware of the individual needs of all children
• Ensure someone known and agreed by the nursery & parent collects the child
• To respect the confidentiality of all information received.
Job description continued:
Specific childcare tasks
• The preparation & completion of activities to suit each individual child's stage of development & interests
• To develop your role within the team
• To ensure that mealtimes are a time of pleasant social sharing
• Washing & changing children as required
• To ensure good standards of safety, hygiene & cleanliness are always maintained
• Ensuring a poorly child is kept calm & warm, & management is notified immediately
• To develop & maintain strong partnerships & communications with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring & early learning needs
• To ensure the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children regardless of any disabilities, family backgrounds or medical history
• To be aware of the high profile of the nursery & to always uphold its standards, both within work hours & outside.
Reliable, mature candidate who wants to work and pursue a career in childcare
No minimum requirements
Welsh Spoken Skills: No Welsh Written Skills: No
Training provider course:
Children' Care, Play, Learning & Development Level 2
About the employer
LLwynfedw Gardens, Heath
Yes, we are part of the Disability Confident Scheme from the UK Department for Work and Pensions.
Please note that all apprenticeships are open to everyone. However, some organisations have worked to achieve Disability Confident accreditation. You should always apply for the apprenticeship you feel best suited to.
Interviews to take place in person.