Manufacturing Engineer Degree Apprentice
The Engineering Apprentice will be working 4 days a week with Ferrabyrne and 1 day a week at the University of Chichester studying for your bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering over a 4-year period.
During your time at Ferrabyrne you will be a key member of the front-line technical department designing components for real world applications, working alongside, and learning from, a team of highly skilled engineers with huge and varying experiences in the engineering world as well as other departments around the business.
You will be designing new bespoke safety critical components and assemblies from a wide variety of materials and compounds and manufacturing techniques and processes. You will have the benefit of Ferrabyrne’s comprehensive in-house capabilities, learning every step of the engineering process from cradle to grave including design of tooling using traditional design calculations and advanced FEA equipment, moulding and testing and development using our full CAD/CAM facilities and Product testing in our fully equipped test house. Design for manufacture and development of processes and tooling to ease production will also be a large part of the experience gained. Commercial considerations will also be learnt, as will be the chance of customer liaison.
It is almost certain that the successful candidates will see their personally designed, engineered and manufactured product on a train, commercial vehicle, electrical distribution equipment or wind turbine and draw the satisfaction that they had a large put to play in the design and development of the product while learning and experiencing the all aspects the Engineering design and manufacturing processes.
• Some CAD experience is desirable
• Computer literate including strong use of MS office programs
• Good communication skills, both written and verbally
• Motivation to succeed
• Friendly, social personality, we are a very close team that enjoy regular evenings
• A-Levels or level 3 equivalent in Maths and/or Engineering and two other subjects.
• Ferrabyrne pride themselves in rewarding hard work and good results. Annual performance reviews take place with the possibility of promotions and salary reviews if deserved.